During last week’s meeting of the Gettysburg Writers Brigade, we looked at some of the favorite writer’s websites of our members. These are sites that have lots of useful information for writers. We took a look at each of the sites and what they offer.
I’ve listed the sites below so you can take a look at them yourself and save them to visit frequently.
- Writer’s Digest – The website for the nation’s leading writing magazine.
- The Creative Penn – Joanna Penn’s website has lots of usable information, particularly for indie publishers.
- David Gaughran – David Gaughran’s website has good information for indie authors.
- Brandon Sanderson – NYT Bestseller Brandon Sanderson’s website has a great podcast and a lot of behind-the-scenes looks at a writer’s life and his process.
- Alliance of Independent Authors – This organization’s site is filled with news that indie authors can use.
- diyMFA – Another website chockful of useful writing information.
- Daily Writing Tips – Learn something new about writing every day.
- Writers Beware – Avoid the scam artists out there before they take crush your dreams and take your money.
- Romance Writers Association Online Classes – Don’t let the name fool you. There are plenty of courses offered that have nothing to do with romance.
- Publishers Marketplace – Get the news on what agents are selling, the publishers that are buying them, and what the publishers are paying.
- Writer Unboxed – A great site with information to raise your writing to the next level.